Individual Tutoring Categories:
SAT/ACT/PSAT/SSAT/GMAT | AP History DBQ Essay Grading |
Edison Prep is excited to offer an AP US History DBQ Essay Grading Service!
SAT Subject Tests | High School Subjects
In addition to our popular AP History Bootcamps that are held in April, Edison Prep is now offering a year-round AP History Essay Grading Service that allows students to receive detailed feedback on real Document-Based Question (DBQ) essays from actual AP exam graders. Given the recent 2015 changes to the revised AP US History exam, having the opportunity to submit real DBQ essays to trained AP exam graders who actively grade thousands of DBQs as part of their profession is an excellent opportunity. Yes, a DBQ score (on the 9 point scale) will be attached, but the feedback and commentary--what the student did well, and what needs work--is the most valuable benefit of our APUSH DBQ Service.
We began to offer this service at the urging of many of our parents. Oftentimes, even at good high schools, students only have the chance to complete and receive feedback on one or two DBQ's prior to the AP exam (or sometimes, none!). Given that the multiple choice portion of the exam is worth only 40% of the total score, excelling on the written components of the exam is critical. Getting this detailed feedback and getting a higher score can help a student earn college credit and help him/her look better to college admissions committees.
About the Graders:
Our AP History essay graders have decades of combined AP History teaching and attend annual AP conferences for continuing education. They're in the trenches teaching AP History full-time and are steeped in the nuances of the exam. They have a passion for the tests and have graded thousands of DBQ essays.
Testimonials from Past Students and Parents:
- "Having the opportunity to send in DBQs throughout the year will be invaluable for our younger son. We did your APUSH Bootcamp with our older son and submitted the DBQ essay as part of that Bootcamp. Our older son was making several critical but easily-addressed errors on his practice essay...glad we caught that on the practice one instead of the real thing!"
- "My daughter's high school class only had them get feedback on one DBQ essay per semester; this is a great opportunity you're offering."
- "Glad you finally started offering this! (Do I get credit for the idea?) If the difference between a 4 vs. a 5 on the exam is 3-4 college credits, that makes doing multiple DBQ practice essays well worth it."
How do I get my AP US History DBQ Essay graded?
- Choose an AP US History unit from the drop-down menu below that aligns with the desired APUSH unit and purchase a DBQ essay review using the yellow button below. The chosen DBQ should be for a unit you have already completed in school. The DBQs are listed chronologically, just like your APUSH course!
- You'll then receive an email with a PDF of the essay question and the associated documents for that DBQ (sent to the same email address that purchased the DBQ).
- Write the timed DBQ essay on the answer sheet provided.
- Email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (either scanning it in as an image, taking a high-resolution picture with your phone, or writing it by hand, timed and typing it, then emailing it). Any of the three options is acceptable.
- You'll receive your graded/analyzed DBQ back within 5-7 business days with both a grade (score) and detailed commentary about what you did well and areas of concern that you should address in future essays.
- Choose from the DBQs below:
Call 404-333-8573 or email us at email@example.com or call 404-333-8573. Thanks!