Group Tutoring Categories:
SAT Classes | ACT Classes | ACT Bootcamps | AP History Bootcamps
Note: Looking for ACT Bootcamps? Look here.
Note: Looking for SAT Groups? Look here.
Our ACT classes remain the single most popular option that students choose for ACT prep. Some students do the class by itself, while others will do the class before their first ACT exam, followed by a small amount of 1-on-1 tutoring before the second exam.
Why our ACT classes are markedly different:
- They are taught by tutors with over 20,000 hours of combined tutoring experience (more experience than that of many companies' entire roster of tutors, and more hours of experience than any other tutors in Georgia!)
- You are not getting the "B Team" -- Edison Prep's founders teach the classes.
- The teachers still take the test each year and earn top 1% scores, including 3 perfect 36's. Approximately 50 people out of 50,000+ get a 36 in Georgia each year.
- The teachers published their own ACT Book (now in its 8th edition), and continue to revise it each year as they stay current with the ACT's shifts in content.
- Despite all of this, our prices are the same as or less than the competition. We keep overhead low; we have neither a stock price to support nor do we purchase expensive radio ads.
- Finally, we have good students in our classes. We intentionally limit our advertising to allow us to continue cultivating a word-of-mouth client base of passionate students who are serious about increasing their scores, which includes doing homework. This philosophy improves the classroom environment for everyone.
Edison Prep vs. the Competition:
Companies with a broad price range charge different rates based upon tutor experience level (e.g. Master Tutor, Premium Tutor). The level of experience, the unique top 1% score requirement, and the quality of results of Edison Prep tutors would place them at the upper end of other companies' pricing structures. Many companies hire tutors with mere top 10-15% test scores. This strikes us as odd, since a large portion of our students would then start with a higher score than their tutors!
What's the difference between an ACT Class and an ACT Bootcamp?
ACT Classes are a longer-format course than our abbreviated ACT Bootcamps. ACT Classes have 18 hours of instruction and allow students to delve more deeply into all of the sections, especially the math component that has been covering increasingly advanced material these past 24 months. ACT Classes are optimal for students who are looking for a more affordable alternative to 1-on-1 private tutoring, and/or families who like the accountability and structure of weekly homework assignments over the course of 6-7 weeks. These classes are optimally designed for students with initial ACT scores between 19 and 29. That said, students with scores of 30 are still missing over 40 questions and would still be appropriate for the class. At least 1-2 students in each class typically start off at a score of 30+. .
ACT Class Structure:
- 18 hours of classroom instruction
- 2 full-length graded and analyzed mock ACT tests (a pre-class diagnostic test and an intermediate mock test midway through the course)
- Price: $579 (includes all materials)
- Location: Edison Prep's Office (5825 Glenridge Drive, Building 1, Suite 109, Atlanta, GA 30328)
(more detailed location information and a map is here)
- More detailed information on the ACT Class is at the very bottom of this page.
- Jun. 4 - Jun. 7, 2017: ACT Class for the Jun. 2017 ACT (Summer Option)
- July 15 - July 19, 2017: ACT Summer Class for the Sept. 2017 ACT (Option 1)
- July 22 - July 26, 2017: ACT Summer Class for the Sept. 2017 ACT (Option 2)
- July 29 - Aug. 2, 2017: ACT Summer Class for the Sept. 2017 ACT (Option 3)
- July 27 - Sept. 9, 2017: ACT Class for the Sept. 2017 ACT (Saturday Morning Option)
- July 27 - Sept. 9, 2017: ACT Class for the Sept. 2017 ACT (Saturday Afternoon Option)
- Sept. 10 - Oct. 28, 2017: ACT Class for the Oct. 2017 ACT (Saturday Morning Option)
- Sept. 10 - Oct. 28, 2017: ACT Class for the Oct. 2017 ACT (Saturday Afternoon Option)
- Sept. 17 - Oct. 28, 2017: ACT Class for the Oct. 2017 ACT (Wednesday Evening Option)
- Oct. 11 - Oct. 13, 2017: ACT Class for the Oct. 2017 ACT (APS Fall Break Option - second half of break)
- Oct. 22 - Dec. 9, 2017: ACT Class for the Dec. 2017 ACT (Saturday Morning Option)
- Oct. 22 - Dec. 9, 2017: ACT Class for the Dec. 2017 ACT (Saturday Afternoon Option)
- Oct. 22 - Dec. 9, 2017: ACT Class for the Dec. 2017 ACT (Wednesday Evening Option)
- Note: ACT class schedules for the Feb. 2017 ACT test and beyond will be posted by May or June 2017.