Group Tutoring Categories:
ACT Bootcamps are optimal for students who are looking for a more affordable alternative to 1-on-1 private tutoring, or whose schedules are overcrowded with multiple obligations. These group classes are optimally designed for students with initial ACT scores between 19 and 29. That said, students with scores of 30 are still missing dozens of questions, and at least 1-2 students in each class typically start off at a score of 30+.
ACT Bootcamp Overview:
ACT Bootcamp for the June 2017 ACT Option 1: 5/06/17 + 5/07/17
- 8.5 hours of classroom instruction
- 1 full-length graded and analyzed mock ACT test (a pre-bootcamp diagnostic test)
- Taught by the company's founders, who published their own ACT Book (now in its 6th edition), who have top 1% scores (including 3 perfect 36's), and who have tutored the ACT for more hours than any other tutors in Georgia. Approximately 25 people out of 50,000+ get a 36 in Georgia each year.
- Price: $275 (includes all materials)
- Location: Edison Prep's Office (5825 Glenridge Drive, Building 1, Suite 109, Atlanta, GA 30328)
- (more detailed location information and a map is here)
- More detailed information on the Bootcamp is at the very bottom of this page
- Sat 5/06 - Diagnostic ACT Test - 2pm-5pm
- Sun 5/07 - ACT Bootcamp - 8:30am-5:30pm
- Sat 6/10 - ACT Exam
To enroll in any class, please contact us at 404-333-8573 or at email@example.com
to temporarily hold your student's spot in the class. Your student's spot in the class is confirmed upon receipt of payment. Payment can be made by mailing a check or via a secure online credit card payment.
To mail a check:
Our mailing address for checks is Edison Prep, LLC, PO Box 28903, Atlanta, GA 30358. The check is for $275 and is payable to Edison Prep.
To pay via credit card:
2017 June ACT Bootcamp (Option 1: 5/06 + 5/07 Option): $275
ACT Bootcamp Description:
- The ACT is an exam that is much more amenable to a "bootcamp"-type format than the SAT. While both tests require persistent effort to excel at, the section structure of the ACT allows dedicated students to frontload the majority of the material in a group bootcamp session and follow it up with on-their-own practice and/or individual ACT tutoring.
- The class consists of a diagnostic ACT exam and an 8-hour bootcamp. This bootcamp usually takes place 2-4 weeks before the actual exam to allow room for post-bootcamp fine-tuning. Students who do the best tend to do significant homework between the bootcamp and the actual test.
- For our group classes, we keep classes engaging with two-way material, real-life examples, and short quizzes to test newly learned concepts.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to check in with their students often after the bootcamp and before the ACT exam to monitor homework progress. The last six bootcamps have seen the highest-improving person improving at least 4 points more than the lowest improving person, and homework after the bootcamp is the main driver of that difference.
- It is strongly recommended that students take the exam immediately following the course, while the material is fresh.
- Students are highly recommended to bring a TI-83 or TI-84 model graphing calculator to the Bootcamp, since strategies for the math section are based on this calculator that most students use. Students who use a four-function calculator on the test are at a severe disadvantage on the Math section.
ACT Bootcamp Policies:
- "The Bulb" (Edison Prep's very own ACT guide)
- The Real ACT Study Guide (from the makers of the test)
- Holding your student's seat: Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, where your payment holds your student’s seat in the class. As a courtesy, we allow students to hold a spot in the group class as long as the class is not full. However, once a class is full, we require payment to hold the student's spot. In the event that a class is full, a waiting list will be established and you will have an opportunity to sign up should a spot open up.
- Students are expected to arrive to the mock test and bootcamp on time.
- Students will be expected to put in at least an equal amount of time after the workshop in order to cement the material that they have learned and achieve optimal results. For students with lower starting scores and/or very ambitious score increase goals, more time outside of class is especially critical. All students leave the bootcamp with 6 full-length tests; if they complete these and run out, we are happy to give them some additional tests. Timed practice test volume is key.
- Cancellation Policy / Refunds: ACT bootcamp payments are refundable and/or students may move into another ACT bootcamp with open space as long as Edison Prep is notified of such changes via email no later than 1 week (7 days) before the initial mock test for the given bootcamp. After that point, the group fee becomes non-refundable.