Group Tutoring Categories:
Note: Looking for the page for one of our on-site ACT Bootcamps?
For those Bootcamps, choose from the following: Cartersville | Dublin | South Walton (FL)
Note: Looking for SAT Groups? Look here.
ACT Bootcamps are optimal for students who are looking for a more affordable alternative to 1-on-1 private tutoring, and/or whose schedules are overcrowded with multiple obligations. By placing the instructional content in a single-day, full-day format, students are empowered with the material and strategy to continue practicing in the time period between the Bootcamp and the ACT test date. ACT Bootcamps are optimally designed for students with initial ACT scores between 19 and 29. That said, students with scores of 30 are still missing dozens of questions, and at least 1-2 students in each Bootcamp typically start off at a score of 30+.
"Can such a brief ACT bootcamp format really be productive?"
- We get that question all the time, and the answer is yes. We regularly get feedback from parents who have previously done other ACT preparation elsewhere (e.g. classes of 20+ hours or individual tutoring of 20+ hours) who tell us that our one-day Bootcamp was more effective than those months of prior preparation. Here's one recent example of that feedback from a happy mom. The quality and experience of the tutor matters more than the quantity of hours in the class. No other tutors in town take the ACT, publish their own books and diligently revise those books each year as the exam adds new concepts each year.
What's the difference between the ACT Bootcamp and the ACT Class?
ACT Bootcamps contain the 8.5 most important hours of our comprehensive 18-hour ACT classes. The bulk of the 10 hours covered in the class but not the Bootcamp is English and Math, but especially the advanced math that has been becoming increasingly advanced these past 36 months. Students who are shooting for a 30 or above on Math and/or are considering UGA (UGA's average score is a 30) should strongly err on the side of the longer-format ACT Class, since many of the math concepts that truly matter only in the 28-36 score range for math (the top 12% of the score curve) are not covered in the abbreviated Bootcamp format. Additionally, UGA only utilizes the English and Math scores and discards the Reading and Science scores in its admissions decisions.
ACT Bootcamp Overview:
Upcoming ACT Bootcamp Dates through June 2018:
- 8.5 hours of classroom instruction
- 1 full-length graded and analyzed mock ACT test (a pre-bootcamp diagnostic test)
- Taught by the company's founders, who published their own ACT Book (now in its 8th edition), who have top 1% scores (including 3 perfect 36's), and who have tutored the ACT for more hours than any other tutors in Georgia. Approximately 25 people out of 50,000+ get a 36 in Georgia each year.
- Price: $275 (includes all materials)
- Location: Edison Prep's Office (5825 Glenridge Drive, Building 1, Suite 109, Atlanta, GA 30328)
- (more detailed location information and a map is here)
- More detailed information on the Bootcamp is at the very bottom of this page
- Oct. 8 & Oct. 9, 2017: ACT Bootcamp for the Oct. 2017 ACT (Columbus Day Bootcamp)
- Nov. 19 & Nov. 20, 2017: ACT Bootcamp for Dec. 2017 ACT (Option 1)
- Nov. 19 & Nov. 21, 2017: ACT Bootcamp for Dec. 2017 ACT (Option 2)
- Jan. 14 & Jan. 15, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for the Feb. 2018 ACT (Option 1 - MLK Day Option)
- Jan. 21 & Jan. 28, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for the Feb. 2018 ACT (Option 2)
- Mar. 11 & Mar. 25, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for the Apr. 2018 ACT (Option 1)
- Mar. 18 & Apr. 2, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for the Apr. 2018 ACT (Option 2)
- May 5 & May 6, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for Jun. 2018 ACT (Option 1)
- May 26 & May 27, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for Jun. 2018 ACT (Option 2)
- Jun. 1 & Jun. 2, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for Jun. 2018 ACT (Option 3)
- Jun. 1 & Jun. 3, 2018: ACT Bootcamp for Jun. 2018 ACT (Option 4)